Well as a Christian myself, it was hard not to disagree with
both Nietzsche and Murdoch. However, after reading both texts, I have the
weirdest feeling that I was actually more offended by what Murdoch had to say.
While Murdoch seemed to take more of a non-bias approach, she seemed to be much
more efficient in conveying her message. Nietzsche on the other hand was all
over the place. His ideas may have been more forward and extreme but his
delivery in my opinion was terrible. He contradicted himself had never seemed
to focus on one main point. Murdoch was well organized and always had solid
arguments that seemed more real instead of sounding like a maniac. She actually
made me think about what she was saying. Not to say I agree with anything she
says, I just felt she had a better way of reaching the audience.
As I
mentioned before I had a hard time agreeing with anything either of them had to
say. Texts like these bring up a very important topic for me as well. I feel that
in recent times, Christianity is used as the only religion to criticize. I
think that people take advantage of the Christian religion as a whole because
they know that Christians aren’t ones to fight back. Many outgoing atheists
bite at the moment to politically destroy a Christian yet they never focus on
other religions. What I don’t understand is that Christianity is criticized for
its lack of morals. For example, women in the Jewish faith have to sit separate
from the men when in a synagogue and in the Middle Eastern countries, where Islam
in dominate, women are reduced to completely removing themselves from social
interactions. I feel that people like Nietzsche and Murdoch need to take a step
back and focus more on general discussions of religion instead of obviously
singling out Christianity.
No comments:
Post a Comment